Looking Back.

November 17, 2009

This is a repost from my old blog. I'm trying to settle in again is why; think of it as bringing your old, creaky bed from your parent's house (when you finally decide to get a life and move out that is) into your brand spankin' new condo unit (which your parents will probably end up paying for, of course) somewhere. I'm still gauging if I can maintain a blog regularly. Maybe by next year I'll roll this out. Maybe not. I dunno.

A little disclaimer: I am not liable for any involuntary gag reflex you may experience after reading this sappy and pathetic entry. You have been warned. Do we understand each other? Good. Here we go.

pitter-patter, pitter-patter

Several tiny drops of falling rain gently knocked against the window of my bus seat. I looked outside and beyond; the rhythmic, almost mechanical sound of the sudden downpour hypnotizing me, drowning the thoughts of my barely lucid mind.

pitter-patter, pitter-patter


Little puddles of water were forming at the long expanse of street; i saw people scurrying about, their colorful umbrellas wet from the onslaught of heaven's tears. I smiled to myself, thinking it would be a lot easier if they just ditched the water-repellants and just walked blissfully through the rain.

pitter-patter, pitter-patter


The bus gradually slowed down. It was my stop. The cheap leather cracked as I got up from my seat. I swam through the throng of standing people, mumbling faint excuse-me's to no one in particular. I reached inside my bag for my umbrella, then suddenly stopped as I got to the bus door. The rain continued to sing its gentle song to me.

pitter-patter, pitter-patter


I slowly pulled my hand out and zipped up my bag. Smiling ever so faintly, I stepped off the bus and walked slowly on the busy street, feeling the first of many hundred raindrops kiss my bare skin.


God, I sounded like a major pussy back then.

You may now commence barfing.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Sonic Panda!