The 2013 San Diego Comic Con

July 22, 2013


Back in 2011, I was all "I want to go to the San Diego Comic Con!" Last year, I basically said the same thing. This year, while I still echo the same sentiment from the previous years, I have decided to take the necessary steps to make it a reality. I mean I already got my passport, I have steady monthly income, why not see it through, right? Yeah I know it'll involve a hell of lot more than those two things, shut up. I just think making the decision to go is where it'll all start. At least now, whenever I think of going on another toy-buying binge, I'll have a "save money for comic con" option.

Right now, I'm looking at 2015 as a possible target date. I would love to go next year but I don't think a year is enough to save money for the trip, and 2016 just seems so far away. Also, I won't be alone. Hopefully. I sure would love to take Tin with me if she wants.

Also also, these nerds.


Gino, Marco, Bim and Ade: I'm counting on you guys. Let's make #SDCC2015 happen.

Anyway, now that that is out of the way, here are the things at this year's comic con that blew my mind.



A new trailer for The Legend of Korra: Book 2. This season looks like it'll be more epic than the first one.


To tell the truth, I'm still a little underwhelmed by all I've seen from X-Men: Days of Future Past. The only thing that impressed me was this rad sentinel head. It looks like it actually hates mutants.


Sharknado things.


Emilia Clarke being cute with Daenerys Targaryen.


Tatiana Maslany, Jordan Gavaris and Dylan Bruce of Orphan Black in their first ever panel! What a fun trio.


How I Met Your Mother's season 9 promo. If you're one of those people who have grown increasingly annoyed at how long they're dragging out the whole mother reveal thing, then you have to watch this.


I'm not the Man of Steel's biggest fan, but when they announced the sequel that'll feature Superman AND Batman, I got goosebumps.


They also showed some Guardians of the Galaxy concept art, plus some footage. Sweet.


Speaking of sweet, SWEET JESUS KAREN GILLAN SHAVED HER HEAD

There were other things like teasers for the new Godzilla film, a live-action World of Warcraft movie, and Captain America: Winter Soldier. I also read somewhere that they showed the full pilot episode of the upcoming Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show and the crowd loved it. Lucky bastards. As I'm writing this, I still couldn't find any of the clips I mentioned above (and I doubt I ever will) but if I do, I'll update this entry. Probably.


See you in 2015, SDCC!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Sonic Panda!