That Mandatory Blog Entry: My Wishlist for Christmas 2009

December 04, 2009

Let's face it, 2009 sucked. A lot. With the recent political turmoil, deaths, and tragedies that happened to the country a few months back, it's no wonder most of us don't seem to be feeling the Christmas Spirit yet. Gone are the days when even as early as November, you would see houses spruced up with Christmas decorations already, the malls sparkling with bright blinking lights set up and people just being generally happy. We live in troubled times, and I'm afraid of what would happen if we reach the breaking point. God forbid that ever happens.

That being said, there are a few things I'm wishing for come Christmas:

  1. More help, if needed, for the Ondoy victims.
  2. A resolution to the Maguindanao situation.
  3. Less political douchery, more real public service by our elected leaders.
  4. Oh and since we're on the subject, summady make a screening committee for people who intend to run in the elections. We must have some sort of criteria here to weed out incompetent wannabes.
  5. For people to stop being assholes, and just be awesome instead.
That's about it. If I come up with any more I'll let you know. In the meantime, if you wanna see a more selfish, more materialistic wishlist then read on.




An Astonishing X-Men Omnibus. I have so much love for this series. It's engaging, witty and humorous. Marvel, give Whedon another go!


The Blackest Night promotional rings. I have four already (black, red, green and blue) and I really want the other four.




The complete Calvin And Hobbes Box Set. This will make me a better man, I just know it.


A yellow Swiss Army Knife. Just because.

I have more items on the list, but they're mostly minor stuff like jeans, shirts and Chucks. Oh, and toys too.

Man, I can't wait for 2010.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram

Sonic Panda!